Below, from newest to oldest, are some textbooks that instructors might be interested in. Please write with other suggestions!
- Writing about Writing: A College Reader (2014, 2nd ed.), by Elizabeth Wardle and Doug Downs, published by Macmillan (website links to instructor’s manual, videos with the authors, and a link to Wardle and Downs’ Bedford Bits blog)
- Literacies in Context (2007), by Shannon Carter, published by Fountainhead Press (available as a PDF via her academia.edu account)
- Considering Literacy (2006), by Linda Adler-Kassner, published by Longman. (website links to instructor’s manual)
- Conversations about Writing: Eavesdropping, Inkshedding, and Joining In (2005), by M. Elizabeth Sargent and Cornelia C. Paraskevas, published by Nelson Education
- On Writing: A Process Reader (2003, 1st ed.), by Wendy Bishop (appears to be out of print; could not find entry on McGrawHill’s website. Two later editions have been published))
Texts by a Single Author(s)
- Academic Writing: An Introduction (2014, 3rd ed.), by Janet Giltrow, Richard Gooding, Daniel Burgoyne, & Marlene Sawatsky, published by Broadview Press (companion website has additional exercises for each chapter and sample student essays; request exam copy for access to it)
- Exploring College Writing: Reading, Writing, and Researching Across the Curriculum (2011), by Dan Melzer, published by Equinox
- The Elements of Literacy (2009), by Julie Lindquist and David Seitz, published by Longman.
- In 2011, Betsy Sargent created this list of possible primary and supplemental textbooks for a University of Alberta FYC course, WRS 101: Exploring Writing